The Future of Manatee County
The Leadership Manatee program, begun in 1982, is designed to expose current and future leaders to all aspects of Manatee County. It is Manatee County’s premier leadership training program and has more than 1,200 graduates.
A critical factor in participant selection is identifying those individuals who are active in the community and are most apt to use their leadership knowledge and skills for the long-term benefit of this community. It is common for individuals to apply more than once before being selected for a class.
Class members are lead through twelve comprehensive days over the course of a class year that each pinpoint focus on a different segment of Manatee County, including:
- Business & Industry
- Communications & Culture
- Land Use & Transportation
- Law Enforcement
- Leadership Development
- Local Government
The program's purpose is:
- To identify community leaders of diverse backgrounds
- To develop their potential and desire to accept civic responsibilities and leadership roles
- To expose community leaders to the problems and opportunities that face Manatee County
- To build a realistic understanding of leadership in today's complex society
- To open a dialogue among emerging and current community leaders
- To acquaint leaders with the processes, programs, opportunities and challenges for individual involvement in Manatee County
Thank you to our annual sponsors:
Click here to apply for the Leadership Manatee Program.
To apply for a scholarship for the Leadership Manatee click here.
- Early application deadline: Friday, May 5, 2017 at 5:00 PM
- Final application deadline: Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5:00 PM
- Class selection will be announced in early July 2017
Click here for a list of the Leadership Manatee Graduates from the Class of 2015
Click here to visit the Leadership Manatee Alumni Association online.