Welcome to the Manatee Chamber of Commerce
Strengthening Your Business and Our Community
Manatee Chamber Receives Five-Star Accreditation
The United States Chamber of Commerce awarded the Manatee Chamber of Commerce with 5-Star Accreditation for its sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on the community.
Of the almost 7,000 Chambers in the country, less than 3% are accredited and approximately 1% have achieved elite 5-Star status.
Click here to read the full press release.
Champions of Healthcare Awards
The Manatee Chamber of Commerce presents the Champions of Healthcare Awards to recognize the collective actions of the individuals, institutions and programs that have made an extraordinary impact in the Manatee County healthcare community and whose acts reflect dedication to excellence in their area of expertise beyond the scope of their profession.
Click here for more information.
2015 Economic Forecast
The annual Economic Forecast Breakfast provides insights on local, regional and national economic trends. You can view this year's presentation online.
Manatee Chamber of Commerce Sets Business Agendas
The Manatee Chamber’s Legislative Committee developed policy positions which will be presented in both Tallahassee and Washington, D.C. The Chamber Board of Directors approved the State and Federal platforms of priorities for the Chamber in 2014 at their October Board meeting. Guests, conference calls and research by committee members were coordinated in the development of the Business Agendas.
Click here for the Federal Business Agenda
Click here for the State Business Agenda
The Real Value of Joining a Local Chamber of Commerce
Being active in the local chamber of commerce is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers that a company uses good practices, is reputable, cares about its customers, and is involved in its community. According to a recent study by The Schapiro Group:
- When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 49% more likely to think favorably of it and 80% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future.
- When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 68% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months.
- When consumers know that an insurance company is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 36% more likely to think favorably of the company.
- If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber (e.g. sits on the chamber board), consumers are 10% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition.
- When a consumer thinks more favorably of a company because the company is highly involved in its local chamber of commerce, it is because he or she infers that the company is trustworthy and cares about its customers.
- The positive impacts of chamber membership have remained the same and even increased over time.